Mumbai Pune Expressway: Photos and Pictures
Mumbai Pune Expressway connects the commercial and cultural capitals of India.
To drive the mumbai pune expressway is to rediscover the joy of disciplined and responsible driving.
It looks like a well oiled, well behaved and controlled system where right from a haystack carrying truck to a sparkling mercedes follow the same rules and regulations. There is a feeling of oneness. Unity in Diversity. It completely lacks the indian road chaos. It is another landmark of modern India.
Notable features of Mumbai Pune Express Highway are:
Reduction in Distance, thus travel time and fuel and thus pollution.
- Six lane concrete highway divided in center by a 7m-wide divider. An extra lane provided on each side as a hard shoulder.
- The Mumbai Pune expressway should cut down travel time between Mumbai and Pune to less than 2 hours at an average speed of 80kmph.
- Separate tunnels for traffic in each direction.
- Complete fencing to avoid humans/animals crossing the expressway.
- No two wheelers, three wheelers and tractor vehicles allowed.
- Provision of Petrol pumps / motels / workshops / Toilets / Emergency Phones and Breakdown Vans etc.
- Proposed planting of 70,000 trees along mumbai pune expressway
Last Modified: July 2014
Copyright© 2002 - 2014 - Amit Kulkarni. Unauthorised copying or redistribution of images on this site is strictly prohibited.
Webpage loaded in 0.04293 seconds. V3